Reconsider the fierce, cunning cobra and you’ll have a protector for life…
FIERCE AS A COBRA
- This embroidered cobra iron-on badge will lie in wait, ready to strike...
S-s-s-s-s-s-s-silent and s-s-s-s-s-s-sinister, with lightning speed those foolish enough to cross my path. Since you humans first walked the Earth thousands of years ago, you have feared me; even the mighty elephant trembles at the sight of me. Rather than shy away from me, there is much you should admire. I can shed my skin in one fell swoop (quite a clever trick that) and am instantly transformed and reborn – s-s-s-s-s-s-so learn from me and respect me and I will be your protector for life.
There are 5 animal spirit badge designs to choose from.
£1 from every sale goes to the mental-health charity Heads Together, A mental health programme of The Royal Foundation (registered charity number 1132048).
Developed in West Lothian by a traditional club - and school-patch maker, our hard-wearing, durable embroidered badge has a stitched edge and an iron-on backing, making it really easy to apply.
BADGE APP & CARE
Not sure how to iron on your badges? Don't worry, it's easy!
(BUT DO ASK AN ADULT TO HELP.)
1. Pre-heat your iron on the cotton setting and turn off the steam function.
2. Place your badge where you would like it on the garment. Cover the badge and any part of the garment that will come into contact with the iron with a thin cotton cloth (muslin is excellent).
3.Secure the badge by pressing down with the iron for about 10 to 15 seconds. Try not to move the iron around too much.
4. Carefully turn the garment inside-out. With the hot iron, apply pressure for about 20 to 30 seconds on the back of the badge to complete the adhesion. Bear in mind, the time it takes for the badge to stick might vary, so if you find that your badge is not sticking well, re-apply pressure on both sides until it is secure.
5. To finish, cover the front of the badge again and run the iron along its edges, making sure they are stuck down fully. Let it cool.
6. Stitching can provide an additional hold.
7. Wash the garment inside out at 40°C and hang dry (do not tumble dry!)
Please note! Embroidered iron-on badges work best on smooth fabrics – it might be more difficult to iron them on to wool, hand-knitted garments, stretchy materials, thick corduroy and other speciality fabrics. And – last but not least – do not iron directly on to any embellishments (bows, beading, rhinestones, sequins, etc.) or anything delicate.
13cm x 10cm